Helping the Hungry Since 1988
TRI-AREA MINISTRY (TAM) Food Pantry is a nonprofit, non-denominational, 100% volunteer run organization with a mission to provide food to eligible clients in the towns of Wake Forest, Rolesville and Youngsville, as well as in the surrounding areas of Wake County.
TAM is the largest Food Pantry in the Wake Forest, Youngsville, and Rolesville area serving 750 families each month. We serve approximately 2,800 people per month or 34,000 people each year. Each family who visits the Food Pantry receives a grocery bag containing 10-15 assorted cans of fruit and vegetables and 5 other products referred to as “toppers.” Additionally, each of our clients receive meat, a breakfast item, a dessert item and an assortment of other available items.
Please do what you can to help! Bring food for the food drive on Friday to packet-pickup, or race morning where the Tri-Area Ministry truck will be set up for collection.
See here for a list of food needed to feed local families and to keep the shelves stocked.
Facts About Hunger in North Carolina
According to NC Assoc. of Feeding America Food Banks (ncfoodbanks.org)
- NC is in the TOP 10 for the highest percentage of HUNGRY citizens
- 1 in 4 children in NC are “food insecure” (hungry).
- The average Food Assistance (Food Stamps) provided is $4.40 per person per day – so family of 4 gets $123 a week and a single person gets $31/week.
- 81% of NC households receiving food stamps don’t know where or when their next meal is coming.
- 22% of NC citizens on food stamps have at least one family member who has served in the Military.
- 3 of 4 teachers in Wake County report that they have hungry children in their classroom at least weekly.
- 36% of NC food pantries have been forced to close at some point due to lack of food.