Because Hunger Doesn’t Take the Weekends Off…
N.E.W. Backpack buddies provides food every weekend to children who are identified as ‘food insecure’ by teachers and guidance counselors at each school. The bags contain kid friendly food for the weekend meals and snacks. There are approximately 400 children receiving weekly bags from North East Wake Backpack Buddies.
1 in 4 Children in North Carolina Worry They Won’t Eat this Weekend
HELP Us Make a Difference for these Kids...
$10.00 Donation - Will feed a child for a single weekend.
$90.00 Donation - Will feed a child each weekend during a quarter of the school year.
$360.00 Donation - Will feed a child every weekend the entire school year.
North East Wake Backpack Buddies Most Needed Food Drive Items
- Oatmeal (individual packets)
- Sweet Snacks (fruit chews, graham crackers, ‘nilla wafers, animal crackers—individual serving bags)
- Applesauce, Fruit Cups
- Ramen Noodles
- Mac-N-Cheese (individual servings/microwaveable)
- Bar of any kind (protein, fruit, cereal bars)
- Protein snack (trail mix, peanut butter crackers)
- Salty Snacks (individual serving bags of pretzels, chips, goldfish)
Above is a list of suggested donation items. Please ensure items are packaged as individual servings. Due to the design of the program, we cannot accept family size or non-portioned items. Thank you for your understanding and support.