Canes 5k presented by UNC REX Healthcare and assisted by Raleigh Orthopaedic
The fifth annual Canes 5k presented by UNC REX Healthcare and assisted by Raleigh Orthopaedic will take place at PNC Arena on Sunday, Sept. 10 at 9 a.m.
Race registration includes a ticket voucher for a pre-selected 2017-18 Hurricanes home game*, commemorative t-shirt, customized race bib, post-race breakfast and a chance to win raffle prizes!
*Season Ticket Members with a full-season plan will receive a discounted Canes 5k price if they do not wish to receive a ticket voucher. Season Ticket Members with partial plans will have to pay the regular Canes 5k price.
The event includes a 5k race around PNC Arena and surrounding areas, 100- and 200-yard kids dashes, multiple inflatables, and appearances by Stormy and the Pepsi Storm Squad. Members of the Carolina Hurricanes as well as the team's staff and alumni are scheduled to participate.
Participants can build and join their own running or walking teams and fundraise in support of the Kids 'N Community Foundation.
If you aren't ready to take on the full course but still want to be a part of the day and support the Kids 'N Community Foundation, we invite fans to sign up and walk or run the first portion of the course (one-mile loop around PNC Arena). All proceeds will benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids 'N Community Foundation, which provides much needed funding to children's charities and education programs throughout North Carolina.
The last day to register online for the Canes 5k is Monday, Sept. 4. If you still would like to participate you may sign up at PNC Arena during packet pick-up on Thursday, Sept. 7 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Friday, Sept. 8 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. as well as the morning of the race on Sept. 10 starting at 7:30 a.m.
Season Ticket Members with a full-season plan can pay the discounted price listed above for the Canes 5k if they do not wish to receive the ticket voucher. Season Ticket Members will flex plans are required to pay the regular price.
- Canes 5k: $45 (through July 17)
- Full-STM discounted price: $35 (price through July 17)
- Canes 5k: $50 (price between July 18 to Sept. 4)
- Full-STM discounted price: $40 (price between July 18 to Sept. 4)
- Day-of-race registration price is $50
- Full-STM day-of-race discounted price: $40
- 100-Yard Caniac Kids Dash (ages 6 and under): $15
- 200-Yard Caniac Kids Dash (ages 7-10): $15
Each 5k participant (excludes Caniac Kids Dash participants) will receive a ticket voucher that can be redeemed for one upper-level ticket for a pre-selected Hurricanes home game. Upgrades to lower-level seats will be available for a small fee, and additional tickets at a special rate will also be available to runners (pricing to be determined at a later date
). Vouchers will be included in the race packet which can be picked up during the packet pick-up sessions.
The games that will be included on the voucher:
- Tuesday, October 24 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 29 vs. Anaheim Ducks at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 7 vs. Florida Panthers at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 13 vs. Dallas Stars at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19 vs. New York Islanders at 5:00 p.m.
To guarantee getting your shirt size and customized bib, you must register no later than Monday, August 28. We will strive to have extra shirts available, but we will not guarantee that we will have your correct size. If we should run out of shirts on race day, we unfortunately will not be able to re-order.
You can pick up your race packet at PNC Arena on Thursday, Sept. 7 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Friday, Sept. 8 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. or on Sunday, Sept. 10 inside PNC Arena next to the box office from 7:30 - 8:45 a.m.
Practice runs will be hosted at PNC Arena leading up to the Canes 5k beginning in May. These practice runs will give registered or interested participants the opportunity to run the course and get a feel for race day.
Practice runs will be held on the following dates:
Race Day Schedule
- Monday, May 22 at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 21 at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22 at 7 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m. - Registration and packet pick-up inside PNC Arena next to the box office
- 8:45 a.m. - Pre-race ceremony and introduction of Carolina Hurricanes players
- 9:00 a.m. - Canes 5k presented by UNC REX Healthcare
- 9:30 a.m. - Post-race breakfast for all participants, compliments of the Carolina Hurricanes and PNC Arena
- 10:00 a.m. - 100-yard and 200-yard Caniac Kids Dash
- 10:05 a.m. - Awards ceremony and drawing for participant enter-to-wins