2016 Allscripts Tobacco Road Marathon and GNC Tobacco Road Half Marathon
Half Marathon now sold out ! Registration includes short sleeve (gender specific) technical tshirt, other swag (we are working on it), free entry to the runner expo to all and food and beverages at the finish. Purchase a parking pass ($10) if you need parking at the race venue (PARKING PASSES SOLD OUT) - there are only 900 available for our 4000 participants, otherwise there is free shuttle bus service to and from the event from the NetApp parking lot in Morrisville. The shuttle can also be used by your friends and family for free (runners have priority) to come see you finish your event!
- Half and Full Marathon will be the same course for 2.5 miles to and from the American Tobacco Trail (ATT)
- Full Marathon has 21 miles on the ATT and the half has 8 miles on the ATT
- Fewer turns on paved roads and minimal vehicular traffic on the course
- One less hill on the course, making it even faster than before, including a downhill finish
- Main entrance into USA Baseball Complex at Green Hope School Road is open for easier shuttle and vehicle traffic
- This race is most definitely a Boston Qualifier. There will be fast times!
- USATF Certified Courses (Certification number - Full Marathon 13106NW, Half Marathon 13105NW)
The Tobacco Road Marathon will be the first of its kind in NC to embrace the town of Cary and country roads of Western Wake County. The marathon features over 20 miles of the American Tobacco Trail. The rest of the course is be flat and fast with a downhill finish and a must do for the Boston Qualifier!
Both races will begin at 8am on Brooks Park Lane and head towards the entrance of Thomas Brooks Park, as in prior years. At Green Level Church Road, runners make a right and follow Green Level Church Road past Green Hope School Road to Morrisville Parkway. At Morrisville Parkway, runners make a left and proceed for a little over 1 mile to the American Tobacco Trail (ATT).
Marathon runners make a right on the ATT and go north to a u-turn, proceed down the ATT to the southern end and u-turn at Olive Chapel. To return to the park runners will exit the ATT at Morrisville Parkway and retrace their steps to the Thomas Brooks Park. return to , while half marathon runners will make a left at the ATT and go toward the south.
Half Marathon Runners have a simple out-and-back course. From Morrisville Parkway runners make a left on the ATT and go south to a u-turn point just past the Highway 64 under path.
The first and last 2.5 miles of both races are on paved roadways and the ATT surface is compacted screenings with some sections a combination of asphalt and compacted screenings.
Due to the narrow trail, the volume of runners, and the need to keep access for medical vehicles we do not allow joggers or strollers on our course. Special consideration for groups pushing a disabled athlete may be requested by emailing the Race Director at Info@TobaccoRoadMarathon.com.