35 minPrep Time, 28 minCook Time, 1 hr, 3 Total Time
- 2.5 lbs chicken thighs or breasts with skin on (around 4 to 6 chicken thighs or breast)
- fresh thyme
- a sprinkle of dried Italian herbs (optional)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (or previously frozen)
- 1 tbsp each maple syrup and balsamic vinegar mixed together to coat chicken during roasting
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black peppers
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp minced)
- Clean your chicken then place in a roasting or baking dish. Set aside.
- Next prepare your marinade.
- Blend all the ingredients listed in the Marinade in a food processor or blender until liquified and smooth.
- Pour this over the chicken thighs, coating evenly.
- Cover and place in fridge to marinade for 30 minutes or up to 24 hrs.
- Once marinaded, preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove chicken from fridge.
- Add your extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup cranberries, thyme, and Italian herbs to the dish. Spread it out evenly on and around the chicken.
- Bake skin side down first for 22 minutes.
- Remove and turn skin side up. Then brush each chicken skin with the maple syrup/balsamic vinegar combo.
- Add more seasoning (like dried herbs, salt, pepper) to the top if desired. if using fresh herbs, wait to add until after broil
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked evenly inside.
- Updated If using boneless chicken, cooking time will be around 35 minutes total.
- After thoroughly cooked, remove from oven.
- Spoon the sauce from the pan onto each chicken thigh/breast and a pinch of black pepper or cracked pepper.
- Serve with the roasted cranberries on top and any extra fresh herbs desired.
This is a great recipe to make ahead. Prep the marinade hours before then just pop in the oven the next day or later in day.
A great roasted chicken alternative for Holidays!
if you use skinless chicken, the cooking time will be 20-25 minutes or so No broiling needed
Nutrition per 4oz – 5oz chicken